Michelle Metcalf, Intergovernmental Affairs Director
(850) 926-0919 Ext. 703
The Intergovernmental Affairs Department serves as a liaison and point of contact for information, programs and initiatives relating to:
Legislative Activities – work with County Officials to ensure the County’s legislative priorities are represented to the legislature during session. Provides updates to the Commissioners and County Administrator.
Economic Development – serves as a point of contact for current information, County initiatives and regional planning. Works with local Economic Development Council as well as attends regional economic development meetings.
Grant Administration -
- Grant Applications- researches, reviews and analyzes grant opportunities for possible funding of projects that meet the County’s priorities as defined by the Adopted Infrastructure Plan* and the Local Mitigation Strategy*.
- State and Federal Programs and Grants – serves as the liaison between County Offices and government agencies regarding new and changing state and federal policies and programs.
Special Projects such as:
- Agreements related to the 2010 BP Oil Spill which incorporates the following programs:
- RESTORE Act - Wakulla
- Gulf Consortium
- Triumph Gulf Coast Inc.
- Agreements related to the Septic to Sewer Conversions
- Springs Protection Funding
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds – Infrastructure Improvements
- Agreement related to the American Rescue Plan Act, State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds
*Copies available at –