NOTICE: The 2020 Community Rating System Annual Report for Wakulla County and the City of St. Marks is now available. Click here to view the Report.
WAKULLA COUNTY FLOOD PROTECTION INFORMATION
Wakulla County borders the Gulf of Mexico and Ochlockonee Bay, and encompasses the Wakulla River and the St. Marks River. These natural features contribute to the beauty and biodiversity found in Wakulla County, but also increases the risk of experiencing flooding from storm surge and heavy rain periods. Living in this area, it is important to be prepared for the possibility of a flood on your property and in your community.
The following links provide flood information, as well as some measures we urge you to take before and during a flood to help protect yourself, your family, and your belongings.
- Floodplain Brochure
View the FEMA Flood Designations for your area (The current FEMA Flood Maps were adopted effective September 26, 2014.)
- View the Wakulla County Flood Insurance Study (Effective September 26, 2014.)
- Know Your Flood Hazard
- Flood Damage Avoidance
- Reduce Your Flood Damage Exposure
- Best Management Practices
- Safety & Evacuation
- Real-Time Reporting Gages
- Elevation Certificates
- Repairs After a Storm
- View the National Flood Insurance Program Flood Insurance Advocate website to learn how the Flood Insurance Advocate can help you!
For additional information regarding flood protection, visit http://www.floodsmart.gov and http://www.fema.gov/ .