9/20/17 ~ Wakulla County Approves the FY2017/2018 Budget
Wakulla County Approves the FY2017/2018 Budget
On September 18, 2017 the Wakulla County Board of County Commissioners approved the FY2017/2018 Budget at $79,533,559 and the Millage Rate was set at 8.0351 mills, equivalent to the roll-back rate.
The Board held a total of three budget workshops leading up to the adoption of this final budget. Since the submission of the Preliminary Budget on July 14, 2017 there have been many changes. Some of the highlights include:
- Funding to continue the current level of service and operations for all County offices;
- 2% Cost of Living Allocation for County employees;
- Loan proceed funding for construction of a new fire station on Trice Lane;
- One Cent Sales Tax funding for improvements at Hickory Park and Medart Recreation Park; and road paving in Wakulla and Magnolia Gardens;
- Funding from DOH and One Cent Sales Tax for the purchase of one additional ambulance;
- Funding from DOT for road resurfacing projects on Smith Creek Hwy., MLK Jr. Memorial Rd., Cajer Posey Rd., Ivan Church Rd., and Phase 2 of Shadeville Hwy.; and
- Funding from NWFWMD to continue sewer expansion in portions of Wakulla and Magnolia Gardens.
“There are so many exciting projects going on in Wakulla County now. The 2017/2018 Final Budget is a reflection of those projects and improvements. Our County continues to grow, and our services and facilities must grow with it while still focusing on fiscal discipline and sustainability. The decision made by the Board of County Commissioners to approve the roll-back rate for property taxes demonstrates the commitment the Board and County staff have to the citizens to maintain a responsible and accountable government,” said County Administrator David Edwards.
For additional information related to this story, please contact Jessica Welch, Communications & Public Services Director at (850) 926-0919 ext. 706 or [email protected]