Thank you for your interest in employment with Wakulla County Board of County Commissioners. The following information has been prepared with you in mind. We hope you find it useful and informative. Please feel free to contact the Human Resources Department if you have any questions regarding employment that have not been answered here.
It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. Applications may be rejected if incomplete. Attaching a resume in place of relevant education and experience is acceptable, however, we would prefer that you also complete the entire application.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are available on our website. Applications may be submitted by mail, in-person or via fax during normal business hours Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Resumes by themselves do not satisfy this requirement, yet may be attached to the application.
- Applications are accepted for current posted vacancies only. Unsolicited applications/resumes will be held in a miscellaneous file and reviewed periodically.
- Pursuant to Florida Public Records Law applications/resumes are subject to public inspection.
- All applications are screened for qualifications. Applications for candidates who best meet the job requirements are forwarded to appropriate supervisor(s) for review.
- The county reserves the right to limit the number of qualified candidates to be interviewed.
- Any misrepresentation, false or incomplete information or omission of facts requested is cause for rejection of the application.
- Interviews for qualified applicants are scheduled by the supervisor OR by the Department/Division with the vacancy.
- Applicants not chosen as a finalist will be notified in writing by the Office of Human Resources. These applications will remain on file electronically from date of original submission.
- Upon administrative approval, applicants chosen for employment will be given a Conditional Employment Offer subject to drug testing and completion of a background screening, depending upon the position being filled. Depending on position, other testing may also be required.
- When all testing is cleared, applicant is contacted to complete hiring packet, set hiring date and meet with Human Resource office to review new hire information.